Archive for June, 2012
Electronic commerce or e-commerce involves all activities related to the buying and selling of goods and services over an electronic media. EComerce originally referred to the facilitation of commercial transactions carried out over an electronic media using technologies like EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). Today over a period of four decades technology has advanced tremendously resulting in the present hype about ecommerce. From conventional goods and services to latest digital content, almost everything you require is available over the electronic media. At present, almost all big retailers have established their electronic presence through the World Wide Web. Commercial transactions through credit cards, Automated Teller machines (ATM), telephone banking, online shopping, etc are all e-commerce activities.
In 1979 Michael Aldrich invented online shopping.
Magento eCommerce platform is a versatile and flexible accessibility features an open-source shopping cart. When it comes to flexibility in the design and development like no other in Magento.
Some of the key benefits of Magento features that really help create a successful e-commerce site.
• Multi-store tools that help manage some of the shop admin panel and product catalog.
• Third country measures to aid the integration of web services API
• Easy integration of Google Website Optimizer A / B testing.
SEO friendly URL Rewrite Rules
• One page checkout magento
• Integration with over 50 payment gateways
• detailed knowledge of the vender management Magento
• E-bay API integration
• Experience handlying larger database of approximately 100 GB with magento site without effecting the speed
• Integration with the United States Postal Service, FedEx and UPS real-time rate quotes
• Multi-Tier Pricing quantity discounts
Magento is an outstanding e-commerce platform for the current market scenario.